Sunday, January 24, 2010

What do you think you're doing?

Ask Mother Hubbard is the alter ego of me, Judy Hubbard, wife of singer/songwriter Ray Wylie Hubbard. It began in 2007 when Lone Star Music Magazine asked me to write a monthly column in their magazine. Not being the write a monthly column kind of gal I suggested that maybe an advice column would be more my style since I often seem to think I can manage everyone's life. (Mr. Hubbard told me once that I should just apply for the job of Queen.) Anyway, my alligator mouth once again overloaded my jaybird legs; they didn't realize I was just kidding and "Ask Mother Hubbard" was born. Since I have managed Mr. Hubbard's music career for over 20 years the majority of questions were regarding the music business. Then a few boyfriend dilemmas crept in, a roomate problem, loud dogs barking next door, and...well you get the idea.

Fast forward to 2010. The kind folks over at Dickson Productions (you know Steamboat MusicFest, CCR Cruise, Ski Jam) decided to expand their twice a year MusicFest Magazine to six issues a year and invited me to bring "Ask Mother Hubbard" on board. The new “MY” MusicFest Magazine which will launch in March 2010 will be dedicated exclusively to genuine music, the artists that create it, and the community that embraces it.
Issues of the publication will include feature articles written by artists, current CD releases and reviews, the latest news and updates from the genuine music community, and also industry reports, in-depth stories on your favorite songwriters and performers, plus festival and event reviews, information on classic venues, plus accolades.

"Ask Mother Hubbard" will answer your questions as well as include a recipe in each issue. I would love to hear from you so don't be shy. If I don't know the answer I'll find out or make up one. The only rule is that you know that I know that I am not an expert at anything. I do know that laughter is the best medicine and hope you find a chuckle or two while visiting.
XXX
Mother

4 comments:

  1. My boyfriend is usually ready to roll, but when he parties with, huh, certain stuff, welll, he not so ready to roll if you know what I mean. Any ointment, or salve, or pultice, or maybe a tincture that you can recommend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had all this advice when I went off to college. But wait. Back then there was no Internet, no cell phone cameras, no Roofies, no AIDS. How DID we manage to get in trouble???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im curious about that cowboy twinkies album circa 1975, that Ray got screwed on so bad. Why did mike Brovsky not give the artistic freedom that he gave Jerry jeff when jerry made his records?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very glad that you made this website. It is entertaining and informative. Keep up the good work, "Mother Hubbard"!

    -Seth Sethington

    ReplyDelete